The YOU MAKE THE DIFFERENCE, Parent-Child Interaction Program (YMTD) is a general education program that encourages positive parent-child interactions. YMTD helps parents learn how to foster and enrich their young child’s social, language and literacy development during every experiences. Some of the many benefits of this program includes:
1. Helps parents recognize the important role they play in their child’s early learning and development.
2. Gives parents specific ways of positively connecting and communicating with their child that they can use during everyday routines and activities so that they can foster and enrich their child’s early development
3. Builds parents’ confidence in their ability to help their child learn
4. Builds parents individual skills and confidence in reaching out and connecting with their community.
5. Raises parents’ awareness of any developmental needs their child may have so that they can be linked with other services to promote early identification and intervention as required.